Beside the standard authentication service on GUARDIAN systems (which is based on static passwords), the authentication service $AS offers an additional method:
- Challenge/Response and
Authentication, based on Atalla and Vasco Challenge/Response Devices.
It is intended to be used by customer applications, such as PATHWAY applications, as well as GHS products.
- The $AS system is monitored by a PATHMON process pair, due to availability reasons.
ANY running PATHMON can be used.
- It runs as a server class: The PATHMON in charge of $AS is responsible for starting/re-starting the service.
- The $AS process can be reached through PATHSEND, or directly with OPEN/WRITEREAD/CLOSE procedures.
- $AS process supports the following messages:
- Generate a random number
- Check a Challenge/Response number pair
- Check a TimeToken
- Authentication Request (initialization)
- Authentication (finalization)
- Return statistical information
- INITACR, a block mode program to initialize Atalla (or compatible) Challenge/Response Token.
- ASCOM, (Authentication Server Command Interpreter) allowing the management of the $AS system.
Additional $AS features
- After three consecutive failed checks, the requesting process is delayed for a configurable time. This prevents an exhaustive search for a valid Challenge/Response Number Pair.
- $AS is developed and compiled on an S-Series system, running G06.
This design allows the $AS to become the central authentication service on a Tandem system, even on a network of Tandem systems!
Order Free Trial
Four steps to your free trial license:
- Download the freeware tool Sysinfo and run it on the target TANDEM machine
- Put the system information in the following form
- Select the product form the drop down list
- GreenHouse will send the license key via EMail
Data protection: If you contact us via the order trial form, your details will be taken from the form including the contact details provided by you for the purpose of processing the request and in case of follow-up questions stored with us. We do not give this data without yours consent continues.