SAVEAUDI now reports all activities to the EMS system.
Introduction of SAVEEMS, which saves the EMS log files to a definable location.
Bulk I/O optimized.
Bulk I/O re-written to process entry sequenced files correctly.
When SAFEGUARD is running, it produces audit information, which is stored in files.
The number of files as well as their location can be configured.
The usage of the files is as follows:
1. In case all files run full, the oldest file is purged and a new one is created. This is a meaningful feature.
2. In case all files run full, the auditing is terminated, but files still can be accessed. This does not make much sense.
3. In case all files run full, the auditing is terminated, and all file access is denies. This is very secure, but in terms of NonStop not optimal.
Method 1 is the commonly used one.
I urge my customers to have the audit files at least that big, that
all audit events of one day/week fit into one file. And depending on the
backup frequency, I ask them to have as many files available as they
would like to have online for audit reports. This is e.g. for one
month, six weeks, etc.
But there are also customers, not willing to keep track of the audit
files through backups, but would like to save them on disk when they
- The Audit pool has 2 files defined.
- The actual file names are:
A0002345 and A0002346.
- File A0002345 is already full and
file A0002346 runs full.
- SAFEGURD purges file A0002345 and
creates the new file A0002347.
Up to here everything is normal.
- File A0002346 has to be duped to a given location. This is the requested functionality.
SAFEGUARD does not have this feature.
The new FreeWare tool from GreenHouse: SaveAudi does the trick for you.
The newly introduced SAVEEMS tool saves the EMS log files.